November 19, 2009

Prepping Pumpkins


It's that time of year... Thanksgiving is a week away and I have already started a few of my preparations and the menu planning. The little sugar pumpkins that we grew in our garden this year along with the pumpkins that were a gift from my friend at Four Seasons Farm have been successfully cooked and pureed down and conveniently measured and frozen in freezer bags happily waiting to be turned into scrumptious pies and pumpkin breads.


I am thinking about trying the Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie recipe or the Pumpkin Chiffon Pie or the sinful looking Pumpkin Cheesecake all from Simply Recipes.I'll let you know what we decide and how it goes ;-)

1 comment:

Removalists Australia said...

I really love pumpkin that's why I am so thankful that you post the old fashioned pumpkin recipe. I will really try it at home. Have a great day!!!