January 22, 2010

Gearing up for spring



My heart longs to have my hands digging in the dirt. The winter has been so mild compared to the last two winters that you can find me day dreaming among the many seed catalogs that have arrived in my mailbox.

My seeds have already arrived and my garden planning for 2010 has already began. Today I received a fun seed catalog that stood apart from the rest.
R.H. Shumways illustrated garden catalog.

The first thing that caught my attention was the larger size pages of the catalog.Next was the antiquated feel as I opened and browsed through the illustrations on every page. No bright flashy pictures of perfect fruit and veggies in this seed catalog.



I felt like I was stepping back in time, something my grandmother or her mother may have turned the pages of as they shopped for the seeds of their gardens.



Lastly, the pages are so beautifully illustrated that I can think of many ways to recycle this catalog on different projects or fun gift wrapping.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Loved your post.... the pages are pretty fun. Post what you do with them. :D