March 23, 2011

Good to be back

It feels good to be back in the Soap shop again after a winters break!

I was beginning to wonder if I would ever make it back after Sickfest 2011, we did not escape it this year... so we should be good for another few years, right?


I sure hope so!


As usual, with the melting snow comes the rain and inevitably the shop floods.It hampers opening for the season...

and this year was no exception!

I am happy to announce that we are finally Open for a new fun filled season of Soapmaking!

Here is a sneak peak of the soaps we have been working on...

GREEN TEA & CALENDULA

this one is all natural, mild and unscented for our friends with sensitive skin... and will be available after curing on April 20th.



SPELLBOUND is done in layers...


Layer 1

Layer 2

Layer 3

By tomorrow this one will look drastically different as the layers will discolor in tones of brown and is always a fun surprise to unmold...

and with the sun peeking out today and lifting my spirits, I was inspired to make something sunshiny and bright



I can't wait to cut them into bars tomorrow ;-)

No comments: