April 6, 2011

Not what I had in mind...

It is a lot easier to post and share pictures of successful Soapmaking! Leading you all to believe that every batch of soap turns out picture perfect.

I am here to tell you that it just isn't so!

Every now and then I make a batch of soap that is...well... UGLY !
Yesterdays soaping adventures just happened to be one of those days.

How in the heck is this soap supposed to look beautiful, when it looks like Top Ramen noodles and Marshmallow peeps have been thrown all over the top of it???

ugghhh... definitely not the vision I had in mind as I mixed and created!

See for yourself...



Ya..so not cool!



In my defense, the noodle color will turn a chocolate-brown in a few days and I did soap with that in mind.

Drizzled chocolate was the look I was hoping for as the soap set up quicker than I wanted.

I left the shop yesterday disappointed and discouraged...

It happens!

I came back to work today a little more hopeful and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't as bad as I knew it could be!



So now I sit.. wait...and hope...

that this deliciously scented soap magically turns a rich chocolate Brown.



*Update Picture*
(Soap is starting to dicolor a shade of brown I was hoping for)

1 comment:

Dörte said...

very nice!!!

Grüße
Dörte