November 13, 2013

5K's


It's been a long road...and I am kicking myself in the butt for not going down it sooner! Better late than never, at 38 years old I ran my first 5K in October. I was scared, nervous and out of the blue decided to sign up and just do it. I went alone, determined to battle my own demons head on. Lucky for me, a few girls from town had showed up too...I was happy to see them. Little did they know, they were part of the reason I was even at the race to begin with. A year ago, I had seen posts on facebook about their adventures in running...It's a whole lot easier to be inspired from behind my computer than it was to actually get off my tush and make it happen.

I never thought I was strong enough to "make it happen"...

Well, I am happy to say I AM STRONG ENOUGH to make it happen! 

I finished my first race at the Pumpkin Pacer In Deer Park, WA.  in 39 minutes... my inspiration gals were at the finish line cheering me on and a rush of emotions that I wasn't prepared for, overcame me.

I cried... tears of joy, tears of pride, tears of  exhaustion and tears of reality for finally climbing the mountain, that I never thought I could.

This past weekend I signed up for another race, but this time was different than the last.

I didn't go alone!!

Before the race!
 Mr. Cedar House Soaps, Corbin, Levi, Me and my childhood friend Lynda did the St. Vincent de Paul's Walk a Mile in Their shoes to benefit Veterans.


After the race :-)
The fire has been ignited...I am looking forward to running many more races.

No comments: