December 31, 2013

Last run of the year

Wow with the whirlwind of the holidays finally past us, I wanted to take the opportunity to get one last run in before the year was over. It had been over a month since my last run.

 I sure can feel those holiday cookies, goodies and dinners catching up with me. I drop my guard for a second and those pounds are right there knocking on my door. There is no fool proof way for me to keep it off, so for now I will keep up the good fight and continue to try and eat better, move more, and love and accept myself.
 The essentials to moving more...

Music moves me, so this little ipod that I picked up at a used  Game Stop store has been an invaluable tool in helping me get up and move it. I love that I can program it and customize my playlist's. It came pre programmed with a NIKE Fitness trainer tool. I can keep track of my workouts by time and distance and records my history totals, longest workouts and fastest  times.
 In the past I always came up with good excuses of why I couldn't go for a walk. You know that little voice in your head that says...

"I'm tired"

"I don't have enough time"

"It's to cold"  ect......ect.

You know that naughty little voice that tries to hold you down.

Well, I am not falling for it anymore.... I am not listening!
 No excuses!!!!
So this winter...I will pull up my wool socks, strap on the Yaktrax, plug in my music, slide on my gloves and just go!

No comments: