December 23, 2009

An early gift




It has been 10 years since I first spotted the Johnson Brothers Friendly village Dish set at an Antique store. At the time the boys were small, and money was spent on the needed items like diapers and food and not on the want items. I guiltily bought 1 teacup and saucer and secretly longed for a set. As time went on, the little tea cup and saucer always kept a special place in my heart.

While shopping on line this year I spotted my dishes at Macy's. I couldn't believe what I was seeing... The pattern is still being produced....and it's on sale!

I gave Troy the biggest puppy eyes I could muster and he fell for it hook line and sinker;-)

The dishes arrived before Christmas and we have been enjoying Sunday Dinners as a family with our own set of friendly village dishes. I look forward to the years ahead spent making memories at the dinner table with our special dishes.

Truly a Christmas gift I will treasure always!



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Jen- I loved your post. :D The dishes are beautiful....and who can resist a sale? I love that you are starting traditions of your own. Your hutch is beautiful also.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas day.

love ya--