August 25, 2010

The Color Purple

With all the media hype about the recent egg recalls I am really thankful for the hardworking gals that lay eggs for my family.

It's nice to know where our eggs come from and what our gals have been eating.



Though Mr. Cedar House Soaps and I are not perfect, we are constantly striving towards healthier eating and an understanding of where our food comes from.



Tonight's meal consisted of yummy cucumbers, coleslaw and potatoes from our meager garden along with Local farm raised beef steak and fresh local milk.

I expected the Blue Potatoes (which are not really blue at all) to turn an ugly shade of grey when they were cooked and mashed.

To my surprise they stayed a beautiful shade of purple.



and were.... Oh so yummy!
What did you have for dinner?

No comments: