December 20, 2010

The Gift of giving

Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process. -Jim Rohn

Troy & I had the privilege of taking the boys shopping for a child in need this holiday season. We chose a 3 year old boy from the tree of sharing. My guys had so much fun shopping and finding just the right items they wanted to give.

Although, Levi and Corbin have outgrown playing with their own wooden trains they knew it was the perfect gift to give the young boy on our list.



A flood of cherished memories washed over me as I watched them pick and choose just the right ones...It really was not that long ago that little wooden trains meant the world to them. So many mornings I would wake to a menagerie of wooden clickety clack tracks constructed all through out the house and little boys in engineer hats with wooden choo-choo whistles.





We decided on warm footsie jammies, a new Christmas outfit, a toy train station with trains and a farm animal box car.



Giving is true having. -Charles Spurgeon




I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.-Maya Angelou

No comments: