February 16, 2012

oodles of whole wheat noodles

This summer I found a really cool pasta roller at a garage sale..I put it away and forgot about it. I didn't feel like I had the time to make noodles then...and well, time just kept slipping by.

That is until, a friend made pasta last week and I remembered that  I still needed to try out my pasta roller. Remembering where I put the roller was the hardest part of making the noodles :-)

This hand written recipe accompanied the pasta roller and figured I would give it a shot!


4 C.Flour ( I used half white & half whole wheat flour)
1  tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
2 Tbs. Oil
1  C. Warm Water













I didn't have a problem with the dough sticking. I was pretty heavy handed with the flour.




The roller was easy and fun to use....


Why have I not done this sooner?

I hung the noodles over the back of our kitchen chairs to dry...


Not glamorous, but it got the job done!


 Can you tell I had a big helper?

Tilly, our little Yorkie, sure had fun playing in the flour that hit the floor :-) Her little beard was like a vacuum cleaner.

No comments: