May 11, 2012

FrOzen!

 Well, this month has been pretty crazy...

So many things going on with the kids, school, sports, the soap shop, preparing for farm chicks, the garden, and so on...

Last night was no exception..another late night, as Levi had a Spring concert and Fine Arts Awards at the high school.

We came home late and I completely forgot about the garden.

This is what I woke up to this morning....


Frozen lettuce!

Frozen Broccoli!

\
and.... Frozen Peas!

O- Boy! temps had dipped down to 28 degrees...yikes!!!!

but when I came home from work today....
this is what I found...


Happy, healthy, lettuce!

and Strong, vibrant Broccoli!


Looks like they have survived the frost.

Everything I have read, says they can take a frost, but just how much of a frost is too much? These guys have been in the ground for a couple weeks, this is the first time I have put them in so early...

I just held my breath and waited!

This was one, true, unintentional test...

So far, so good!


No comments: