August 14, 2012

Listening to the echos at Singing Heart Ranch

Last week I had the pleasure of visiting Singing Heart Ranch with my Dad. A place that holds a special place in his heart and many childhood memories of helping out on the Ranch. 

While the old homestead still stands...it has taken unfair hits from calloused and reckless vandals who had no respect for the past. 


 As I took this picture, I wondered how many times this door could have possibly been opened through the years....

I fell in love with the perfectly chipped paint and patina, that could have only been achieved by Father Time.

The inside of the house is  very much falling in and dilapidated, but is still willing to tell  you a  story of another time .

The original Barns still stand all around the property
My Dad

As the sunlight streamed through the cracks in the lumber of the Old Barn it gently creaked in the wind.  
 If you listened closely you could hear the echo's of a harder, simpler, yet happy life from days gone by.

Not a doubt in my mind, why it was named Singing Heart Ranch.

No comments: